Procedure: Southeastern Technical College Use of College Vehicles
Motor Pool Procedures
1. The Department of Safety and Security is assigned the primary responsibility for operating the motor pool. These individuals are to operate the motor pool in accordance with College policies and procedures.
2. Individuals who desire to use College vehicles for official travel out-of-town and/or overnight must reserve the vehicle by notifying the school receptionist. An order of priority will be in place for reserving STC vehicles. Employees traveling the greatest distance will get first priority if they book the vehicle at least three days prior to the trip.
3. All persons who request to drive an automobile assigned to Southeastern Technical College shall produce a valid driver's license as a precondition to use a state vehicle. The President may also request that any member of the faculty or staff sign a release or any other necessary documentation to authorize the College to check their Motor Vehicle Record. This request may be made upon hiring, upon contract renewal or upon request to use a state vehicle.
4. All College vehicles shall be parked in the motor pool area while on campus.
5. All vehicles will have keys available from the receptionist's station.
6. All vehicles will have a log. It will be the responsibility of the driver (or whoever checks out the vehicle) to correctly log- in all trips while the vehicle is assigned. The keys should be returned to the receptionist upon return.
7. The Department of Safety and Security shall ensure that College vehicles are regularly serviced in accordance with the manufacturers recommendations and otherwise ready for use prior to their release.
8. Employees using vehicles will ensure that trash is removed from vehicles and they are returned with at least three-fourths of a tank of fuel.
Adopted: June 25, 2009
July 16, 2018;